Saturday, December 12, 2009

12/11/09

It's a rainy Saturday night. We just got home from a great service at our church. I am excited about the direction Destiny is headed. People are opening up about being REAL. I mean REALLY REAL.

That's what this blog is about. Finding out who I am, really. My faults and disappointments, my ups and downs. The sad and happy. But, telling you like I really am and dropping this facade of who you think I am.

I still believe I'm a good person. I do good things and am helpful. Who you see is still real, but there is a part of me that needs healing without judgment.

I can't be the only one with these thoughts.

Anyway, here's an update. I've dropped below 200 pounds this week. I've lost a total of 22 1/2 pounds since Oct 1. I am hoping to stay on track and by my birthday be able to wear the really cute clothes I bought in Chicago 2 years ago when I was a size 6.

I am at a point with the work room that we can start moving to the office and get that organized. Tonight I'm working on the garage so we can put all the kitchen remodeling equipment and merchandise.

I have until Tuesday to get our home back in order and clean before the family crew arrives for the holiday programs at school and to celebrate Christmas with Mom and Dad.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

To explore the real me, in an attempt to be authentic in my faith, and really grow with Christ, I had to become and remain very comfortable with the idea of being a sinning Saint and all of the very real and supernatural things that implies.
One of my teachers encouraged me by quoting a nun who had once written (I'm paraphrasing) that when we pray, do not enter in with the notion of being a "good boy or girl" or try to "look better than we are". Instead of praying while "pulling the weeds of our garden" to appear better, Sit amongst your weeds with God. And let Him grow your garden. Allow Him to show you the trouble spots and grow you...
I hope to encourage you by praying you would have a wonderfully productive prayer life, dear friend. Exploring all the things getting in the way of your heart's growth in Jesus.