Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

We had a great day. Just David and the kids. It was our first official Thanksgiving day that neither of our parents or friend cooked the dinner. The meal was planned, all items were presented and the kids ate about 3 things. Lot's of left overs and thinking, pizza for next year. Although I do love to cook!

I didn't exactly stick to a diet today, but one day wont do too much damage (I hope). I've been so excited about losing weight that days like this could really set me back. I am an eater. I love to eat junk! Surprisingly, when the cookies came around I did scrape off the icing (which I love). It was too rich! Never, ever do I say that!

We worked so hard getting the house together yesterday so we could enjoy today, and it also stayed in order. We spent most of the day watching movies, snuggling, napping and playing the Wii.

Michael stopped in the middle of the game, looked around and said, "Hey, our whole family is together!" It's true we don't spend enough time together as a family. Each kid usually occupies a specific amount of time during the day, but hardly do we do activities as a family. Even on outings, everyone goes their separate ways.

I've watched friends of ours that when they are with their family, they are really connected. I feel a disconnect sometimes. Maybe it's my Adult ADD that keeps me from focusing. Tomorrow, I'm making an effort to sit with all of them and play a game or do a puzzle.

You might be reading this and thinking this is a no brainer, but for our little family we've become distant over the last few years. There's been a lot of strain on our marriage, health and finances. Instead of turning inward to our family as support we sought avenues to help us cope that weren't family oriented. My goal is to switch that around. For our little family is so important to God that we are weaved tightly together!

Blessings to you and yours! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: